Saturday 6 December 2008

click title to go vote on the scrapbook apprentice challenge 1

Well hello, is everyone feeling christmassy (sp?) I am even though the house is still upside down, but finally starting to wallpaper today whoop!

Ok an adorable gorgeous 7 yr old boy woke me up at 5am on thursday morning and asked to have a conversation it went like this.....

connor 'mummy ( means he wants something cause he now calls me mum ) do you possibly think you could knock me up a few christmas cards for school'

me 'connor ots 5am '

connor ' I know but it was playing on my mind'

me 'ok connor il do it justlet me sleep man im tired and how many is a few?'

connor '86 48 for the boys and 38 for the girls please and can you make them differentand can you please have them ready for tommorow as we can only postthem in the post box on a friday'

me 'arrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'

lol so yep I got up and made 86 christmas cards one style for the boys and one for the girls, they were easy i keptthem simple a snowman stamp fpr the boys and fairy for the girls backed on double sided adeshive paper, glitterd then matted and layered on card adn mirroe card, bit of ribbon sentiment inside hey presto....


sorry bout the flash in the picture jason took them while I was at work as connor wanted to post them!

What else has been occupying my crafty hands ...... countdown calendars 1 each for connor and ashaara as nevaehis to young this year.

I loved doing these, were so quick and easy and yet are still really effective.
I used the papermania naughty or nice range for Ashaara and doodlebug red and green flocked papers for connor, add some snowflakes bit of ribbon and bling and up on the shelf they go




Ive also been craking on with my next assignment for the scrapbook apprentice but i cant share that here sorry!!!!
Also the journal your christmas class, ive still got to do yeatersday prompt and todays as I was working yesterday but im going to get craking today.
My gorgeous fella is working a 15hour shift andhas been out since 6am and the kids are all set up with craftiness to keep them busy so off I go before dad comes and takes me away to start papering boo hoo!
nuff love

7 comments:

Katy said...

Hey hun, bless little connor wanting all them christmas cards lol but you did it so well done, and there really beautiful :)

Loving there count down calendars there lovely and so pretty to.

Look forward to more of your creations.

Much love katy xx

Unknown said...

Wow those calendars are gorgeous. Well done on the Christmas cards. I still have about 50 to make!

x Rachel x said...

Hi Kelly, you are an absolute star! 86 cards!! what a lovely mummy you must be,
Love your advent calenders,
I'm doing the JYC too, got behind, but managed to catch up today at a crop. Are you gonna blog your pages? hope so,
Oh & good luck in the Apprentice challenge chick
Rach xx

Unknown said...

Well done on all those cards Kelly and your advent calendars are fab ... mine is still in the celophane I bought it in :0)

Anonymous said...

wow 86 cards in one morning!!! can u come round my house and make a few for me :)

Hello, I'm Vicki said...

wow gorgeous cards, and i love those calenders. congrats on all your votes on the scrapbook apprentice, i voted a few days ago!!! have a great christmas xxx

voodoo vixen said...

86 cards??? Good grief woman, you are brilliant and those advent calendars are gorgeous!!